Re: The truth about his departure...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Adam from mw-204-80-123-10.metawire.com on May 08, 1998 at 09:53:50:

In Reply to: The truth about his departure... posted by Hunter on May 07, 1998 at 22:29:43:

: Cinescape On-line ran a short about that a couple days ago. In it, SPF apparently tells a member of the press that the chemestry between he and William Heard (sp?) wasn't great. I guess it all boiled down to the fact that WH didn't think someone of SPF's physical stature was big enough to take him on (I guess there's a little toe to toe between these two? I don't know, haven't seen the flic). Don't know about the rest of you, but if SPF had been in the movie, I'd have been more motivated to see it, but that's just me.

The actor's name is William Hurt, who won an Oscar for KISS OF THE SPIDER WOMAN. He was also in THE BIG CHILL and CHILDREN OF A LESSER GOD.

The name is easily confused with:

John Heard, the American actor of the HOME ALONE movies, once married to Margot Kidder.

And John Hurt, the English actor, nominated for MIDNIGHT EXPRESS and THE ELEPHANT MAN. He was also the unhappy first victim in ALIEN.

Interesting...I knew that SPF was the original choice, having read of his departure in the trades last summer from LOST IN SPACE. But I didn't know of the apparent tension with Hurt.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]