Indy's Gamble

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by sas c:) from attwwp.alcatel.at on August 18, 1999 at 04:23:32:

In Reply to: ATTN: SASCHA KRASNY (regarding Indy's Gamble)... posted by Goodsport on August 17, 1999 at 13:12:58:

Hi!

Thank you very much for you message.

I sorry to say that I cannot rescan any cards because I created the complete sources with a graphic software. I could of course have done it in a higher resolution like 150 or 300 dpi but there was a reason why I didn't do so: I wanted the game to look fan made. I created the whole project on thin ice: It's one thing to use copyrighted stuff in fanfiction or soem pics on a webpage but it is much worse to get Lucasfilm on your heels after using their stuff for something like a game. I don't get anything for the game and want them to accept the game as pure fandom. In any case I want to avoid to give them the feeling that there is a half professional game that can be printed in a sellable quality misusing their copyright.

About the printouts: I don't know what software you use for printing but different programs will create different results. Another possible improvement could be to enlarge the picture first, sharpen it and print out the result. I hope you get your printouts at least a bit better.

In any case I will keep your wish for a higher resolution in mind. If there is enough response for the game and Lucasfilm does not sue me till I am bankrupt, I will work an an extention for more players (means additional cards with multiplayer features) and maybe an update of the basic set in a higher resolution. I promise :)

I still hope you have fun with the game and we'll see what future may bring.

sas c|:)
[ Indy's Gamble is available now! ]

: Sacha,

: You have made a great game in Indy's Gamble. I did have one request, though...

: Would it be possible for you to re-scan the cards and such at 150 dpi (dots per inch) instead of 72 dpi, and then post the re-scanned images for download?

: I understand that 72 dpi takes up less memory and thus is more easily stored on the website, but 72 dpi (which is the minimum dpi setting that images can be clearly seen on a monitor screen) prints out very fuzzy onto paper. At about 150 dpi on the monitor screen, it'll look about 72 dpi on paper (i.e. just about right)! :)

: Still, it's very well done! :)

:
: -G

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: