Re: Jacket Differences

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Max Schulte from ascend224.extern.uni-essen.de on May 09, 1998 at 02:55:41:

In Reply to: Jacket Differences posted by BMan on May 08, 1998 at 09:35:32:

: My new Wested jacket arrived today. Quick delivery- I ordered via email on the 7th of April and didn't get a confirmation email until the 17th.

: I'm fairly pleased with the fit of the new jacket. I got a 46 this time, compared to a 42 last time (I usually wear a 40 suit coat). The sleeves are about the same, since last time they had to add length. The shoulders on the 46 are maybe a tad wide, but the jacket has a nice loose fit fit that I was looking for. A 44 may have been the perfect compromise, but I wanted to err on the side of looseness. I guess my advice would be to order a size, maybe two, larger if you're after a looser fit. It was worth the expense to get the proper fit. Mr. Botwright emailed me saying that of all the jackets that had been made, only two had been returned for size problems. He would probably have fixed mine, had I not waited 8 months before deciding to do something about it. I never even asked him about correcting the jacket- I didn't know it was possible until it was too late. My fault for not asking.

: It's interesting to note that there are some differences between the jacket I just received and the one I ordered 8 months ago. The zipper is different- the new jacket doesn't seem to have as heavy-duty of a zipper, and the pull isn't the cool-looking huge one from the previous version. I don't care for the zipper, but it's always hidden. The lining on the new jacket looks a little bit darker, nothing big. The new jacket has a sewn-in leather loop inside the collar for hanging on a hook, I suppose. The old jacket didn't have this feature. The jacket also seems quite a bit heavier, but maybe that's just the size difference.

:
: BMan

I think the 46 is quite good if you want a loose fit. It's also quite
good in winter when as you can wear a thick shirt or a pullover under
it. And after all, you can use the adjustable leather straps at the
side. My jacket is size 44 - not a very loose fit but allowing me to
wear thick shirts under it. However, I had to adjust the leather straps.

The differences are quite interesting. I guess they didn't have the
bigger version of the zipper left or they really changed to the small
ones. The same applies to the lining.

Regards,

-Max

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional: