You are correct...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Dale Dassel from constellation.shreve.net on August 18, 1999 at 22:40:04:

In Reply to: Will the real Dr. Hapgood please stand up? posted by Nick Kismet on August 18, 1999 at 20:41:25:

: Laying aside the controversial matter of who should play Sophia Hapgood in our fantasy movie of Raiders of the Fate of Atlantis (see earlier post below) I noticed something interesting while browsing the history section of my local B Dalton Bookseller. I was perusing The Sign and the Seal, along with Fingerprints of the Gods, both by Graham Hancock (is that right?) and I came across the name Dr. Charles Hapgood in connection with the search for an ancient and missing civilization. As I sit here, I can't recall which book it was in (it may have been in another book that I bought, Lost Cities and Ancient Mysteries of Africa and Arabia) but i did think it was noteworthy. Is it possible that the BEAUTIFUL Sophia Hapgood (played by Shari Lewis...no, make that Vicki Lawrence...whatever)is the daughter or some other relation of this noteworthy scientist?
: If anyone out there has Fingerprints of the Gods, can you confirm or deny this?

Yes, as an Atlantist, I have heard of Professor Hapgood. He was
indeed a real person, and a major advocate of the Atlantis theory.
I believe that the people at Lucasarts used the good doctor's
last name as a sort of in-joke about Atlantis. I also noted, with
some degree of amusement, that Monsieur Trottier looks exactly like
the noted psychic Edgar Cayce, who made many predictions about the
lost civilization. VERY clever of those designers... :)

-Dale Dassel

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]