Point taken, but....

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Dale Dassel from constellation.shreve.net on August 18, 1999 at 23:08:21:

In Reply to: More Sophia Hapgood casting ideas... posted by ROB T. on August 18, 1999 at 22:53:54:

: On an earlier post the names of Catherine Mary Stewart and Vicki Lewis were bandied about as possible dreamcastings for the role of Sophia Hapgood. Someone commented that they are both too young. Catherine Mary Stewart was born on April 22, 1959 making her about 17 years younger than Harrison Ford. Vicki Lewis is even younger; born March 17, 1960.

: My choice for the role would be Christine Lahti. She plays Dr. Kate Austin on "Chicago Hope." She's closer to Harrison's age. Born April 4, 1950 and she's played a doctor-- MD. not PHD.-- at least five times in her career. She won an Oscar a couple of years ago for directing "Leiberman in Love." She's a very good and a lot better looking than Catherine Mary Stewart or Vicki Lewis.

: I haven't seen Catherine Mary Stewart in anything in 15 years or so. Does anyone know how well she's held up at 40?
: As for Vicki Lewis, I can't think of an uglier in Hollywood than her. If she were cast I'd have a hard time even watching the movie and I swear if there was a kissing scene I'd lose my lunch right there in the theatre. By the way, I don't mean that as an insult to any of her fans. Hell, my brother and I have been fighting for years over Geena Davis. I think she's all elbows and knees and dorkiness and my brother thinks she's the most gorgeous think alive.

: Incidentally, if things had worked out different in 1981 Vicki Lewis would be a sure thing to play Sophia Hapgood. Since Nick Nolte was up for the role of Indy (and he'd have made a fantastic Indy) and he's Vicki Lewis' real-life boyfriend she'd have a lock on the role.

I see your point, but as mentioned before (and you said it yourself)
one person's idea of beauty might not fit the ideal image of lovliness
of another person. (Vicki is extremely cute, very funny and quirky,
and I'm just a sucker for her smile and laugh.) I would marry her if
I could, believe me!!! There is a particular panel in the Fate of Atlantis
comic book where Sophia looks EXACTLY like Vicki Lewis. (I feel very
vindicated, but that's just me.) Anyhow, to each his own. But (and I
think I speak for us all) what we wouldn't give to see the fourth
movie be Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis, eh? Personally, I
can't think of anything more than that.

Regarding Vicki,

-Dale Dassel

Follow Ups: