Re: Toy McCoys Indy Doll

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Doktor Jones from fsict-tc22-27.fn.net on August 19, 1999 at 14:51:26:

In Reply to: Toy McCoys Indy Doll posted by Professor Jones on August 19, 1999 at 10:20:22:

: Has anyone who lives in the U.S. received their Indy doll from
: Toy McCoys? I know several forum members have indicated they
: got their dolls, but I'm wondering if they were outside the
: U.S. Thanks.

: Regards,
: Professor Jones

The doll is sold out in Japan. Apparently, the hefty price did not turn the Japanese away from the doll (just like the AIBO dog by Sony - sold out in 20 mins!!)
Apparently, I learned that the dolls are not sold to individuals outside Japan. In fact, the first priority sales were given only to Japanese. Those people, like Toy-Syndicate have Japanese associates or contacts in Japan, thus they are able to get a hold of these dolls for the U.S. However, I was told by the people from Toy-Syndicate that they are only able to get 100 dolls at a time from the manufacturer.
So... distribution is quite limited, and its on first-come-first-served basis.

Most people in the U.S. either got theirs from Toy-Syndicate or individuals at eBAY (with Japanese contacts??). Profit-making for the doll is almost inevitable at this time, unless (of course..) you buy yourself an airline ticket to Japan to buy it. Shipping for dolls that size to the U.S. from Japan is about $30, and the current price of the doll is about $323.00 (36,000 Yen)

-Doktor Jones

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]