My Toys McCoys Doll

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Ultra-Galacter Tiga from ts004d22.las-nv1.concentric.net on August 19, 1999 at 19:03:54:

Howdy folks! THe group's oldest-consistent regular here, reporting on the best Indy-merchnidse-collector item ever - The new TM 12-incher!

I managed to pick mine up at the Sand Diego ComicCon for a cool 350 bucks, and the general-set price is 375, so I know I saved some there, and never had to worry about the shipping and handling too. I'm incredibly impressed with the fine job this group has done with the figure. I was suprised to hear the body was from Hasbro and was the same they use for the GI Joe dolls, it seemed incredibloy articulate, even for them.

I haven't removed the accessories, and won't until I can find someone who can press a good tray so that I can re-display the pieces inside the packaging when I want to do so. I may tinker around with some of my war-gaming trays or something like that.

Has anybody scanned in the pages from the instruction booklet yet? I just want to see what it looks like. And what about that Steve McQueen doll? Are there any pictures of that on the web we can see for comparison's sake?

Everythng you've heard about the doll so far is correct, in terms of reproduction and detail. The Harrison Ford likeness is really good, even better than most of the Japan/Euro James Bond figures that are supposed to look like Pierce Brosnan. My only quibble is that the skin-color on the head and hands is too pale. Indy looks sea-sick! hA-HA!

Nonetheless, it is a very fine improvement over the Kenner 1982 version (which in a mint box will run you about the same price as this one, so buy this one while you can, before the price skyrockets like it did with those Steve McQueen figures)!

I was wondering if many of you who ordered the doll also bought the Horse? One insane dealer at the con was chargin 400 dollars for it! I nearly spat at that guy! ( I bought my figure from the booth over).

In other Comicon finds, there were lots of dealers carrying the YIJC soundtracks, as usual there were several oddbits of Temple of Doom memorabilia (posters and magazines - I sometimes forget how much got printed for that movie) and one dealer had a couple of the YIJC adaptation books.

The artist for the Mighty Chronicles books was there, so I finally picked up a copy of that and got it signed! My best freind's girl also found me a postcard of the ToD spanish poster art! Very bizarre!

Anyway, that about does it. I'll be leaving the group for another while, but I think the doll will hold me over until October rolls around.

UGT

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]