Re: Has Indy Ever Changed You?

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Andrea from ts30-5.wla.ts.ucla.edu on August 20, 1999 at 00:25:30:

In Reply to: Has Indy Ever Changed You? posted by Short Round on August 19, 1999 at 10:03:40:

: Has Indiana Jones movies/books/tv ever changed you? I mean do you take any traits or are encouraged to do anything big in you life after seeing the Indy movies? I mostly quote him and especially the old You listen me more you live longer, quote. Use it all the time, and watching Indy also inspired me to wanna become a scifi writer. A few people I knew became an archeologist and stuff like that cuz of Indy. Well see yas.(It also encouraged some of the action scenes in the forum novel i WAS writing and the chapter I wrote for the Tessa story)
: "Welp I you number one body guard!" -Short Round, First Draft of ToD

When I was thirteen, I saw Last Crusade at the Arlington--the fabulous movie palace in Santa Barbara. On our way out the theater I looked back at the rolling of the credits and Indy and company riding off into the sunset and said to myself "I have to be a part of this". And this is when I decided that I wanted to become involved with the film industry. I didn't know how or what that would be, but I was certain that it would be connected to it. I never dreamed that I would get into film school, so I prepared to get into research psychology, even as far back as high school, but I managed to get into UCLA's film school which is currently ranked the #1 undergraduate film school in the world. Ever since high school, I haven't really looked back. It's been two months since I've graduated from UCLA film school, with highest honors and ranking #2 in my class, much to my surprise. By my second year I had decided that my calling was to be a filmmaker--directing, writing and producing. I'm currently working as an intern at RKO Pictures assisting the story editor. I'm not sure if Indy changed me, but I am positive that Indy and his creators inspired me to follow my heart and pursue my passion for film.

Andrea

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]