Re: Questions about Wested.

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Petterson from gw.wizards.com on August 20, 1999 at 10:39:12:

In Reply to: Questions about Wested. posted by Dienekes on August 20, 1999 at 08:22:47:

: :I am considering purchasing a Wested jacket and I was hoping any of you who already own one could help me out. Are the pre-distressed jackets crafted from a different type of hide than the jackets with the "new" finish? Also, does anyone know how much longer the cut of the ToD jacket is than the other two jackets? Thirdly, does anyone have a preference in regards to the lining?
: :Thanks,
: :Dienekes

I personnaly like the predistressed, due to the heavier nature of the hide as well as the overall look. My Wested has the cotton lining, while my Cooper has satin; I prefer the cotton as it is all around more comportable. It feels like you're wearing a comfortable denim jacket. The satin can get a bit hot at times, although it is easier to put the jacket on, as the cotton can "grab" your shirt a bit.

As to the length, I've never heard anybody give any actual specifications. From the movie, I'd guess 1/2 inch, but probably not much more.

Regards,

Patterson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: