The Grail Knight

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Nick Kismet from ppp-40-pm1-beaverton.spiretech.com on August 20, 1999 at 18:25:46:

In Reply to: Worst Scene In Indy Trilogy posted by Muppet on August 20, 1999 at 16:20:08:

I've mentioned this before, but in my opinion, the scene with the knight guardian of the holy grail is horrible in every way. I hate the whole concept of the Grail offering eternal life, but only if you stay in the cave. What the hell is that about?
The false grail test similarly seemed very contrived. The same thing could have been accomplished without the kninght, and without the false grails. Donovan would have received divine punishment for drinking unworthily, and we still could have watched him age rapidly. There was no need for the knight to be there at all...That just reinforced the silliness of the scene.
It was also a rather poor answer to what happened to the Grail for all those years. With all the information available and all the Grail stories and legends, I think they could have done better than creating a rather obscure myth to explain the Grail's disappearance.
There are quite a few little things in ToD that make me grimace, but overall, the movie ends strong, and the action moves fast. I hate the Grail Knight scene because it ends an otherwise good movie on a flat note.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]