Re: Indy's Revolver

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Fleet Captain Rhynes from cybers34d18.cg.wave.shaw.ca on May 10, 1998 at 20:41:10:

In Reply to: Re: Indy's Revolver posted by Michaelson on May 04, 1998 at 10:26:07:

: : : Hey Guys thanks for the info, this was really useful
: : : Just aone other question, the Colt model 1917, the new service modified to take the .45 ACP, does it come with a 4.5 inch barrel or a 5.5 inch barrel?
: : : FC Rhynes

: : Umm, I think both versions are available - but as Michaelson already
: : said the 4.5" version was used in ToD.

: : Regards,
: :
: : Max

: It was cataloged through Colt both ways. They usually sold these at 1/2" intervals, up to and including around an 8 1/2" barrel length. My source on the colt 4.5 " was from the Guns and Ammo article back in '89. Regards. Michaelson

Hey guys thanks again for the information. I watched Raiders again today and was paying careful attention to his revlolver. I agree that it is a Smith & Wesson, but I'm having some trouble identifying the type. Underneath the barrel of his gun there is the ejector rod, supported at the end by some metal catch. This piece of metal is just at the end of the ejector and not underneath. On the picture I've got of the smith & wesson hand ejector the ejector rod is completely surronded by a piece of metal. I don't know if this is just a modification to his particular gun, but there is the Smith & wesson US model 1917, the previously mentioned gun modified to fire the .45 ACP just like a similar colt. Could he perhaps be carrying this gun instead of the hand ejector in 38-44. This would also ensure ammo commanality with his automatic. Also, about the colt, is his a new service firing ,45 colt, .45 ACP, or the was his gun the colt 1917, a government requested modification to the new service to get more guns that fire the .45 acp. Sorry for asking so many questions but I'd just like to know. Thanks, FC Rhynes

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]