Re: Could someone please type back & let me know how my description was ? *sob* (NM)

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Ulla from 76.oak01.pon.net on August 21, 1999 at 18:57:06:

In Reply to: Re: IF YOU FORGET THE INDY RIDE, LET ME JOG YOUR MEMORY! posted by Ulla on August 21, 1999 at 09:58:21:

: : Hey, Ulla! How was the ride like? Was it thrilling? My friend went on the ride once but doesn't remember a thing about it except for the big boulder. She closed her eyes throughout the ride! She was pretty young then,of course but could you tell me how it's like? Please? Thanks.

: Hey Indiana Jayne! (and others?) Here is the COMPLETE ride excluding the waiting line. Actually, here is something interesting about that "spike chamber" while in line: there purposely is a bendable bamboo stick that has a sign saying "Do not Pull!" Naturally, everyone does, and it makes a startling sound. When that happens, LOOK UP! the ceiling goes down 2 inches! It then straightens up, but I DIDN"T EVEN REALIZE THAT UNTIL M THIRD TO THE LAST TIME!! Okay, here's the fun part:
: Get in the jeep, enter "The Chamber of Destiny". Go through a door to obtain "Eternal youth", "Riches", or "Knowledge". Enter through one of these, (LOOK AROUND YOU! NOT JUST AHEAD!! There are murals to your right and left that are so commonly overlooked! Me, being an artist, quckly swiveled my head and discovered the art based on art in Indian civilizations. As Belloq would say, "IT'S BEAUTIFUL!!") Okay, the goddess Mara says, "Foolish mortal! You looked into my eyes! Your destiny know lies in the gates of doom! Ah-Ha Ha!" Now the jeep quickly turns and lightning streaks temple pillars. Then, a (not-so) familiar voice says, while stuck in a door way, "You WHAT? Great! I need help, and they send me TOURISTS! Swerve left! [like Shorty] It's the ONLY WAY OUT!" You pass by this figure and can't help not to wave! Now is one of my FAVORITE parts! You travel in the jeep and there is a clear view of the "Temple o' Terror"! The music starts to play the theme of the Lost Ark, you know, the "Ahh's"? Anyway, keep traveling, and it's the catacombs from Last Crusade! Three skulls, skeletons, pop out, but then you are in a tunnel with the "fortune cookies" squirming about on the walls! Here comes my other favorite part, THE BRIDGE! The same music plays again, (almost comical "ah's") but LOOK DOWN! Beneath the bridge is mist, water, fire, INCREDIBLE STUFF! Now comes the HUGE (paper-mache') cobra, causing the usual screams to the people sitting on the right side! Continuing on, you pass HUNDREDS of skulls, then the car stops in a pitch balck tunnel. The sounds of rats ("Rats?" "Yeah. Big ones.") squirm when suddenly the car stalls! It gets going again, but suddenly it pauses again at the beginning of knife throwing skeletons! WONDERFUL effects here, you feel the air and hear the steel whistle just behind your head! (LOOK AT THE WALLS! THERE ARE KNIFE HANDLES IN THEM! HOW PRECISE CAN YOU GET?!!) And nnnnooowwwww, that's right folkes. Indy is hanging on a rope. "Great!" comes the gruff welcome. "Just what I need!" Frantically, you reach out, DESPERATE to touch this SUPERIOR being! "Let me in!" he shouts. Suddenly, a BOULDER comes swiveling past! "We Got Company! Get me out! Get me out! Get back! Get back!" the jeep rumbles back, the boulder following, and "Oh, ****" (Indy DOES say this in "Raiders" and "Temple") THE JEEP GOES UNDERNEATH THE TUMBLING ROCK! It crashes, and the next "scene" is of Indy with the cracked boulder behind him. "You were good in there. You were very, very good." (sound familiar? take off of Forrestal in Raiders) The jeep rumbles past, and thanks to the archaeologist in all of us, you can't help not to salute.
: BA-DA-DA-DUM!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]