Re: WIDESCREEN VIDEOS

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by to raider from 141.132.128.10 on May 10, 1998 at 22:09:05:

In Reply to: Re: WIDESCREEN VIDEOS posted by raider on May 07, 1998 at 20:30:02:

: ERS IN WIDESCREEN TOTALLY CHANGES THE WAY THE FILM LOOKS.TAKE FOR EXAMPLE THE SCENE WHERE INDIANA IS HANGING ON FOR DEAR LIFE AT THE START OF THE FILM.THE WALLS EITHER SIDE OF INDIANA ACTUALLY APPEAR TO BE COLLAPSING INWARDS .IN THE NORMAL VERSION YOU CANNOT SEE THIS INTERESTING FACT.

: you're so right. i assume you're describing the shot of the sanctuary (the idol room). another interesting and revealing scene is indy's leap across the pit. here, in the pan and scan version, you can only see the door or wall directly in front of indy closing as he pulls himself out and rolls under it. in the widescreen version, you can see two doors - the one in front and another is seen closing behind him. so much more is revealed in the widescreen version. i've been lucky to have seen raiders 4 more times over the past two years in a theater here in dallas. this theater, northpark 1-2, has been showing raiders as part of its summer showcase series of classic movies. last year i was also fortunate enough to see temple of doom. the prints on both were in surprisingly good condition. i hope and expect to see them again this summer. its quite an experience seeing them in the theater again no matter how many times you've seen them previously. they're shown on a saturday night and sunday afternoon and the auditorium is always full - it's very big too, holds close to 1000. i think i heard the widescreen version was available in australia. do you know of anyone i can contact to get a hold of the trilogy in widescreen? any info would be greatly appreciated.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]