Re: Jackets and whips ( as usual, long and excruciating detail)

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by red four from oak-ts1-h2-49-162.ispmodems.net on August 21, 1999 at 23:36:18:

In Reply to: Re: Jackets and whips ( as usual, long and excruciating detail) posted by DeWayne on August 21, 1999 at 22:28:04:

: : The whip is JUST SO HARD TO FIND! I'd like it if I didn't have to order it, so I wouldn't have to pay mucho $$ on just the shipping.
: : Adventurously,
: : Ulla

: First, about the dark jacket question you asked earlier. The dark one is the Wested, in new finish of course. You can't see it in the pic, but (I've had it almost a year) it's starting to fade a little on the collar, storm flap, and around the stiching. So it should look just like Indy's when I'm his age.HAHA!! also, because of the flash on the digital camera, the light jacket(Disney) and the dark jacket look much lighter and darker respectively because of the added contrast.
: I've never been able to find an Austrailian style whip in a western outfitter or feed store. The closest I've found is an American (Duh) style whip that I beat the hell out of and kept adding coats of dressing to it, so now it's at least kinda dark like the movie whips. There's a store here in Sacramento that sells some very nice ones. I do plan on getting a David Morgan whip pretty soon. I like the Mark Allen whips too, but at around $375, they're not too cheap either.
: So if you wanna browse the western and feed stores in your area you might be able to find a kind of close representation.
: See ya! Capt. DeWayne Blumburtt

Hi, thanks for answering my jacket question Ulla. As to where to find a cheap whip, I recentlt found this seller on eBay who makes american Type whips, with an "Indy" kind of style. No wrist loop, and only 8 plait, but at least the color is close.

http://cgi3.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewListedItems&userid=countrygurl

John D

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: