Re: A question for everyone...Please respond.

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Nick Kismet from 209.210.100.78 on August 23, 1999 at 10:18:33:

In Reply to: A question for everyone...Please respond. posted by ROB T. on August 23, 1999 at 03:22:10:

Absolutely there should be another actor involved. In fact, I personally don't want to wait for Harrison Ford to finally admit his plate is too full to tackle the very physically demanding role of Indy one (and probably only one) more time.
Sure the role seems to be very much defined by Ford. People felt exactly the same way about Sean Connery as Bond, even though most of the Bond actors (Timothy Dalton being the exception) have done a good job of not only taking over, but adding to the Bond character.
Because we are all so fixated on Ford's return, we consign Indy to a state of inertia, from which it is almost impossible to get started again.
One of the other respondents mentioned Roger Moore as Bond. I loved him in the role also, up until A View To A Kill, which in my opinion proves the point that it is possible for someone to be too old for a physical role like Bond or Indy.
I realize I am in the minority here, but if we the Indy fans don't open our minds a little, we are guaranteed, at the very best, that there will only ever be 4 Indiana Jones movies.
End of story

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]