Re: I'm flattered you thought of me!! :)

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Ulla from 209.104.253.80 on August 23, 1999 at 14:14:50:

In Reply to: To Ulla and Other 007 Fans posted by Brett (Yasim) Lambert on August 23, 1999 at 13:56:30:

: Recently I heard that the gadget man Q is being replaced by John Cleese in the role made famous by Desmond Lleywen (sp?). I was wondering what are your thoughts on this. Will you be able to accept John Cleese in the role for The World is Not Enough. I think John will be good in the role but I wish they would've used Desmond until he dropped dead. He was so great in the role. Desmond is not dead, he just decided to retire. What do you guys think?

Desmond Llewelyn is (was?) a "good ol' character", the wonderful gadget-maker Cmdr. Boothroyd, or "Q". I hear that in "TWINE"-(the world is not enough) John Cleese was just going to accompany Desmond just in case he "kicked the bucket". (He IS in his 80's you know) I didn't hear that Llewelyn was going to "retire" :( , but I personally am a somewhat Monty Python fan too, and Cleese is my favorite "nut"!!! I could imagine him easily in a 007 film distributing the "toys", since it is the only comedic part that's "allowable" for a James Bond film. (The free world under the supervision of some maniac in a high collered tailored outfit, wearing RIDICULOUS spectacles is nothing to joke about :) Just ask for me for all your "Bondian" needs!! (you know the name. You know the [e-mail] number.)
Adventurously,
Ulla
"bond" for James,
"iana" for Indy,
"005" for MEE!!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional: