Re: I'm flattered you thought of me!! :)

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Lao Che ( Largo ) from 206.new-york-40-45rs.ny.dial-access.att.net on August 23, 1999 at 17:12:50:

In Reply to: Re: I'm flattered you thought of me!! :) posted by Ulla on August 23, 1999 at 14:14:50:

: : Recently I heard that the gadget man Q is being replaced by John Cleese in the role made famous by Desmond Lleywen (sp?). I was wondering what are your thoughts on this. Will you be able to accept John Cleese in the role for The World is Not Enough. I think John will be good in the role but I wish they would've used Desmond until he dropped dead. He was so great in the role. Desmond is not dead, he just decided to retire. What do you guys think?

:
: Desmond Llewelyn is (was?) a "good ol' character", the wonderful gadget-maker Cmdr. Boothroyd, or "Q". I hear that in "TWINE"-(the world is not enough) John Cleese was just going to accompany Desmond just in case he "kicked the bucket". (He IS in his 80's you know) I didn't hear that Llewelyn was going to "retire" :( , but I personally am a somewhat Monty Python fan too, and Cleese is my favorite "nut"!!! I could imagine him easily in a 007 film distributing the "toys", since it is the only comedic part that's "allowable" for a James Bond film. (The free world under the supervision of some maniac in a high collered tailored outfit, wearing RIDICULOUS spectacles is nothing to joke about :) Just ask for me for all your "Bondian" needs!! (you know the name. You know the [e-mail] number.)
: Adventurously,
: Ulla
: "bond" for James,
: "iana" for Indy,
: "005" for MEE!!

: If there is one man who could replace Desmond Lleywen as "Q" it is JOHN CLEESE! Great casting Ion!!!!! I am very sad to learn that Desmond will not return, but Cleese will be great! I love Python and Fawlty Towers. Now I can't wait for T.W.I.N.E. Need a new 007 though.
" ... north of the Caspian."
: From Russia With Love, Lao

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: