Re: Lacombe (Francois Truffaut from Close Encounters) and Belloq, ah, the similarities!

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Lao Che from 206.new-york-40-45rs.ny.dial-access.att.net on August 23, 1999 at 17:17:34:

In Reply to: Lacombe (Francois Truffaut from Close Encounters) and Belloq, ah, the similarities! posted by Brett (Yasim) Lambert on August 23, 1999 at 12:48:47:

: Not too long ago, I posted a question asking how Francois Truffait would be as Belloq in Raiders. Meg replied and agreed that he would be great. Now, what about everyone else, who's with me? I think he looks just like Belloq, and he's a Frenchmen, so he would fill the part beautifully. Also, here are some similarities between Lacombe and Belloq:

: Both are French
: Both are working for a foreign organization
: Both feel like outsiders
: Both feel a great sense of wonder about what it is they are searching for

: It was once said in 'The Films of Steven Spielberg" book that the ending of Raiders is the inverse ending of Close Encounters of the Third Kind. This is an accurate assessment since both feature an organization working on a top-secret mission. Both are supernatural and other-wordly but one brings death, and the other brings life. What do you all say about this?

: Paul was perfect. Lacombe is to good to be in same ball park as Rene.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]