CHEAP somewhat accurate LOOKING whips

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by ...Whiskey? from spider-wd041.proxy.aol.com on August 23, 1999 at 17:56:49:

Hi guys,
This is follow up info for everyone about the whips sold by "Countrygurl" on ebay (and outside ebay for that matter)

I recieved mine today and, while I am not terribly impressed with it, it is certainly the closest looking whip you will find for the price. ($5 per foot) She had several color choices as well as lengths to choose from.

The whip I got was her standard 8 plait but I've noticed that it is only 8 plait for the first few feet, after that it goes to a four plait weave.

I think it may be a little "thin" but I'm not sure (not having a David Morgan to compare). The handle is approx 1 inch in diameter and the knots are 1 1/2.

Overall, it is a decent LOOKING whip...not fantastic, certainly not perfect, but FAR better than anything else available for the price.

ALSO she had mentioned to me the possibility of doing a special order 12 plait whip for $10 per foot...I'll have to ask if that is 12 platt all the way or if it turns to 4 plait like this.

Anyhow, for those of you just looking for an OK whip that's got a decent crack and looks pretty good at your hip for costume parties...this is a pretty good solution.

Tom

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]