Re: A "weird" whip of mine (a prop actually that my dad uses-he's a drama teacher)

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Ulla from 209.104.253.117 on August 23, 1999 at 20:29:42:

In Reply to: CHEAP somewhat accurate LOOKING whips posted by ...Whiskey? on August 23, 1999 at 17:56:49:

Thank you so much for the info. on the whips! The whip that I am "borrowing" is about 8feet long, but has a "braided" (plaited?) style but with the colors WHITE and brown. The end doesn't taper :( like the accurate whips of Indy's (and his stuntmen's, and his stand in's), so I am wondering if I could cut it? That might be awfully hard so I might just let it be. Also, ...Whiskey? Can you tell me some good ways to "cover-up" or hide the whiteness? It's mostly the color (s) that are inaccurate, also the handle is a funky foot long! Ah.. well. "That'll do, pig. That'll do." (Wait a minute... where'd that line from "Babe" come from?)
Adventurously,
Ulla

: Hi guys,
: This is follow up info for everyone about the whips sold by "Countrygurl" on ebay (and outside ebay for that matter)

: I recieved mine today and, while I am not terribly impressed with it, it is certainly the closest looking whip you will find for the price. ($5 per foot) She had several color choices as well as lengths to choose from.

: The whip I got was her standard 8 plait but I've noticed that it is only 8 plait for the first few feet, after that it goes to a four plait weave.

: I think it may be a little "thin" but I'm not sure (not having a David Morgan to compare). The handle is approx 1 inch in diameter and the knots are 1 1/2.

: Overall, it is a decent LOOKING whip...not fantastic, certainly not perfect, but FAR better than anything else available for the price.

: ALSO she had mentioned to me the possibility of doing a special order 12 plait whip for $10 per foot...I'll have to ask if that is 12 platt all the way or if it turns to 4 plait like this.

: Anyhow, for those of you just looking for an OK whip that's got a decent crack and looks pretty good at your hip for costume parties...this is a pretty good solution.

: Tom

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]