I've noticed this too...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by ROB T. from 162.10.138.28 on August 23, 1999 at 22:27:15:

In Reply to: A mistaked observation everyone blabs about. posted by Short Round on August 23, 1999 at 08:53:34:

It's even in the book "Film Flubs" but it's clearly two different windows. The sequence of events goes like this. Marion clocks the pilot with the wheel chocks and he falls onto the controls, starting the plane moving. Marion climbs in and the hatch closes and Marion can't pull the pilot off the controls. She sees a truckload of Nazis approaching and goes through the belly of the plane to the gun turret on the other side. She shoots the Nazis and starts the fire. Marion is still at the gun turret when big, bald guy dies and his blood sprays the window. She goes back to the cockpit window and Indy comes to rescue her.

However, I'm not so sure that the cockpit window is locked from the outside. I think it's either just stuck or somehow locked from the inside and Marion just doesn't know how to unlock it. With the approaching fire it's just easier to shoot the lock.

BTW, the way Indy's gun sounds when he shoots the lock is my favorite sound effect in the whole movie.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]