"ROB T. come and rock the sure shot."

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Thuggee Bear from host-209-214-176-199.cae.bellsouth.net on August 24, 1999 at 09:36:08:

In Reply to: Why those of us who were disappointed with "ToD" and "Last Crusade" still want to see Indy IV. posted by ROB T. on August 23, 1999 at 23:57:27:

You mentioned your problems with an over-emphasis on humor, but there is a similar mistake that I hope they avoid in Indy IV. Don't you hate it when they suddenly target the franchise towards kids? I know Episode I got a lot of jeers from fans for this, and I think some of the lighter stuff is acceptable. But to suddenly aim the whole thing at kids is a bit odd. I mean, most of the people that went nuts over the first Star Wars or Raiders were very young when they came out. Sure, they have a broad appeal too, but most of the people that stood in line for days to buy tickets to Episode I were just kids when Star Wars came out. So apparently it was already something that appealed to kids.

I guess I can see Lucas' side too, somewhat. I think most of the fans would like to make the films more "adult", probably to better justify their obsession with them. But to suddenly decide to target kids when you've already done so, seems unusual.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]