Re: Questions...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Dirk Pitt from spider-wl032.proxy.aol.com on August 24, 1999 at 12:25:15:

In Reply to: Questions... posted by Abner on August 24, 1999 at 08:34:56:

Abner --

Ah ha, the mink oil explains it. To me it looked like the same lambskin that Peter uses -- although the label of course read "Burnam & Nathans" like the shirt. By press studs I assume you mean the snaps in Last Crusade -- I did not see any. As far as size, to me it looked about the same as mine: 42 regular. But I'm sure someone more knowledgeable than I can correct me on that one!

I'm pretty sure he said the costume was from Raiders. He implied as much indirectly at least when he explained the moth holes in the pants were the result of being in storage for almost twenty years. The color of the pants, by the way, was a kind of pinkish tan.

Unfortunately, I did not bring my camera. Nor did I take him up on his offer to try on the costume! For some reason it just didn't feel right.

-- Dirk

: Which movie was this jacket used in? Was it lambskin or lambhide? Did you notice any press studs on the storm flap? Did you take any pictures? I would love to know more details. According to Mr. Howard, they did use some mink oil in the distressing of the leather jackets.

: Cheers,
: Abner

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: