Re: Mark VII Bag Color

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Lao Che from 209.new-york-06-07rs.ny.dial-access.att.net on August 24, 1999 at 14:08:18:

In Reply to: Re: Mark VII Bag Color posted by Michaelson on August 24, 1999 at 11:48:17:

: :
: : :I ordered my bag from the Roadster Factory. I recieved it within four days ( good service ). When I first saw it I was upset because it was olive green, not the tan yellowish. While watching the films again I noticed that the bag has a greenish hue to it. I soaked the bag in bleach for several hours and it turned out 100000% like the ones in the films / beige with a very light mustard green tint
: : ( clearly seen in the Raiders plane fight and LC tank scene. ) So if you get a dark olive green bag - don't worry.
: : : Lao

: Not sure why you're going for the tannish yellow coloration, as that was just the color the bag obtained from the street dirt in the scene you mentioned above. The Canadian issued Mark VII bag was indeed the color you mentioned though, and was actually mustard yellow and not the British issue which was indeed the olive green. The bag obtained for the movies by Spielberg was the British issue. Regards. Michaelson

: The bag still has the olive elements, but it looks faded and worn now - a very cool effect. I did not know that the film bag was the British version, it looks like the Canada issue. Thanks for the info.
: Lao

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]