Re: Some throuble with the new Indy game

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Adam from cm119-monpc.acs.ohio-state.edu on August 24, 1999 at 17:19:42:

In Reply to: Some throuble with the new Indy game posted by run of the mill on August 24, 1999 at 12:39:09:

I just watched the clip, but I don't think you have anything to worry about. The jump forward looks like a normal "Indy" style jump and the sideways sommersault looks more to me like a sideways leap with a roll. We never se Indy do the exact move, but we see similar moves in the Trilogy. We see the leap-forward/tumble to get away from the boulder in Raiders, the "roll-under-closing-door" in Temple of Doom and the "peninent-man-kneals" scene in The Last Crusade, to name a few. It doesn't look like he's being more acrobatic, just doing some quick moves to save his fedora (and everything under it). I'll list the URL of the movie so other people can download it and give their thoughts.

It does weigh in at a hefty 36 megs, so I'm listing the link for the 4 meg Real Video version. The large MPEG version can be downloaded from www.IndyJones.net

: I just saw a 2 minute video of Indiana Jones and the Infernal Machine, the new Indy 3d game for the PC and playstation. Most of it looks great. They show an example of lashing and swinging with that famous arcane, but elegant weapon and also show some of the rafting. I did, however, have a problem that I knew I would have as soon a I fist heard about this game two years ago. In one scene they show Indy doing a sideways somersault (sp?). Sure this may sound incredibly minor, but Indy doesn't do flips. That's completely wrong for his character. I know it's only a game, but one of the best things about Indy movies is Indy's character. The game is being made by Hal Barwood, who also made Fate of Atlantis (awesome) and he knows Indy pretty well. All I'm saying is I hope acrobatics is the only error they made as far as character goes. I hope they remember his faults, sense of humor and wit and also that occasional reluctance that makes the character more real. Anyone see my point? Anyone else not want a chep Indy/Mario video game?

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]