Re: And now, a friend of Capt. DeWayne Blumburtt

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Ulla from 44.oak01.pon.net on August 25, 1999 at 09:48:21:

In Reply to: And now, a friend of Capt. DeWayne Blumburtt posted by MelRock on August 24, 1999 at 23:04:09:

: He told me what a wonderful message board this is and I had to check it out so . . . here I am. I have to admit, you guys probably know more about these movies than I do, but I love them nonetheless. However, I can't believe the Capt. hasn't told you guys one of our most interesting Indy adventures . . . .

: We drove from Sacramento to Lone Pine, CA (about an eight hour drive) in his dad's motor home that was fully equipped with a TV and VCR. We had a lot of time on our hands and what better way to fill it than to watch all three Indy movies! The Capt. wanted to watch them in chronological order, but I wanted to watch The Last Crusade for fear we wouldn't have time. But we did, and I'd have to say it was the best car ride I've ever taken (next to sleeping all the way to Oregon).

: On that same trip, we took a hike into the Alabama Hills, the Capt., complete with whip and fedora (too hot for the jacket), intent on finding a mine that he had seen a couple of years before. Sure enough we found it, and a couple more we weren't expecting. No Grail, no Temple of Doom, but it was still a good time.

: Anybody else have similar Indy-like adventures? I'm sure everyone else would love to hear them. I know I would. Hope to hear from you soon.
: MelRock

Gee, I wish that could have happened to me, the only thing that comes close is an "excavation" I did in school. The two 6th grade classes each thought up their own "ancient" civilizations and made artifacts, and burried them. If only I could go to Guatemala and go on a tour of the Mayan pyramids, hosted by a guide with a wonderful hat, and a strangely familiar scar on his chin.....
Adventurously,
Ulla

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: