Re: Indy's guns and Webley thoughts....

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michaelson from em12-686.utsi.edu on August 25, 1999 at 11:25:23:

In Reply to: Indy's guns and Webley thoughts.... posted by ...whiskey? on August 25, 1999 at 06:24:30:

: Hi all,

: I wonder if anyone else has had these thoughts or if it's just me.

: Let me start by saying that my favorite Indy gun is the S & W but I REALLY like the look of the Webley. It's just darn unique. Only thing I don't like is that it's too long.

: Well, I was pokin around the other day and found pics of a Webley Mk. IV and thought it looked really great, kind of a combination of the best of the Mk. IV with the shorter barrel like the S&W.

: Anyone have info (or esp. pics) on any of the other Webleys? I'm not sure how long the Barrel was one the Mk. IV but if I had to guess I would say 4 inches....anyone know for sure?
: Regards
: Tom

Tom, if you want to read some real horrendous ramblings regarding this topic, go the IndyGear page and go to the FAQ regarding his guns. I was on a roll the day I wrote all this info, I must say. I was asked this same question and must have typed for over an hour. Yes, the Mark IV was offered in the 4 inch, but it was mainly an officers model, and not usually found in regular field issue. Those ran in the 6 inch range, as Indy's did. My thoughts on the Webley? Go to the FAQ. It's there. Regards. Michaelson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]