Re: Mystery Blooper

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michaelson from em11_686.utsi.edu on May 11, 1998 at 13:27:29:

In Reply to: Mystery Blooper posted by Sakis on May 08, 1998 at 07:43:10:

: I recently saw Mystery of the Blues with Harrison Ford and I noticed this: after Dr. Jones' truck gets off the roadwe see him getting out of it but at his right side there isn't his gun but a 90s style walky-talky. Of course in the next scene we see his gun and not the communicator. Check it out.

You know, that's one story I wish they had expanded on. Why were they being pursued? What was the significance of the American Indian item that he and the other man were holding that made them run that truck down a snow covered road at breakneck speed? I think they could have written something just as interesting in terms of an adventure right here in this country. Look how Last Crusade started. As I have written before, a good example is Louis La'Mour wrote the "Haunted Mesa" using ancient Indiana legends, and I think it worked just fine in terms of keeping a story moving, and in 20th century terms. I never noticed the switch between the radio and gun holster, but then , why would he need to carry a side arm in the open in the US. The practice at that time (and in some places, now!) would have been to carry a pistol under the coat or in a back pocket, depending on where in the US he was in 1950. He probably could have been carrying a walkee-talkee, somehow connected with the other story line. We'll never know. Regards. Michaelson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]