I'm not dark or heavy to begin with! :)

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by The Northlander from 206.152.110.166 on May 11, 1998 at 23:47:07:

In Reply to: Geez, man, lighten up! posted by Aaron on May 11, 1998 at 09:36:46:

:
: : : Man things are dead around here on weekends...

: : : Anyhue, there's been a minor buzz around here about the upcoming Indy 3D adventure game from LucasArts this year. If you look in one of the latest Nintendo Power magazines [I really can't remember which one], it says that the game will be for the N64--thank God!

: : : Also, in regards to PC Indy games, here's a fun thing to do next time someone tries to tell you that Lara Croft [of Tomb Raider fame] was a competely original character, much better than Indy, rub this in their face: Tomb Raider was originally to be an Indy game! The only reason it wasn't was because Eidos couldn't get the permission from LucasArts! So Lara Croft was shaped after Indy...that is, uh, at least in matters of the adventerous spirit...

: : : True facts, I tell you!

: : : -Aaron

: : Here's something to think about: After finding out they couldn't use Indy, the Tomb Raider designers went ahead and designed something similar to Indy, but managed to somehow develop their own original character and concept from it. How about that!

: : -Northy-

: Hey! I admit I could have worded it better, but geez, lay off!

: In appology, here's what I should have said regarding Tomb Raider:

: Lara Croft was INSPIRED by Indy.

: Oh, and the "rubbing in their face" part didn't come out exactly how it should've.

: As a matter of fact, I love the Tomb Raider games--heck, I own the first one. But I am an Indy fan, too...

: Anyway, sorry again.
: -Aaron

No need to apologize - after the title of your post I feel like I should be apologizing! Did I say something wrong? I didn't mean to ruffle any feathers, but I just wanted everyone to be aware that there was a lot of planning that went into Tomb Raider after the idea to make it an Indy game was discarded. I think if you asked the creators today whether they're sorry they didn't get to make an Indy game that they would tell you they are quite happy with what they ended up with. It also seems silly to me how Tomb Raider is so consistently despised by many Indy fans (except Aaron). Isn't there enough room for more than one hero in this type of adventure genre?

-Northy-

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]