Re: THE HAT

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michaelson from em12_686.utsi.edu on May 12, 1998 at 06:53:43:

In Reply to: Re: THE HAT posted by Alex Korycinski on May 12, 1998 at 06:36:40:

:
: :
: : ANYONE BOTHERED TO SEND AWAY FOR THE INDIANA HAT THAT YOU CAN BUY FROM LUCASFLIM?
: : IS IT VALUE FOR MONEY???????????

: Yes, I ordered one probably 4-5 years ago. I believe the cost was $30-35. I must admit, I didn't think it was an "authentic" reproduction. Too small in it's proportions all the way around. But I wore that hat everywhere and until I found a better one, it was my fedora of choice.

: I looked high and low for "just the right hat". Finally found it in from the company Worth and Worth out of Chicago. New York address: 331 Madison Ave at 43rd Street. (212) 867-6058. Chicago address: 208 South LaSalle, corner of Adams. (312) 357-9500. You can call them up at 1-800-HAT-SHOP to request a catalogue. When they say "The World's Finest Hats", they aren't kidding. Beautiful selection of hats I haven't seen outside of the B&W movies (or on Indy's head!)

: The style that IS Indy's hat is called the Siena. It's also a $175 hat. Ouch, I know. This in NOT a hat you wear out in the field crawling about on, thru, or over things. For that price it's the everyday dress hat. The one from Lucas is the one to wear bombing around, and for $35 it doesn't matter if it gets sweat and cobwebs on it.

: Oh, and one final thing. The only thing I found with the W&W hat is that it comes with a series need for it to be "sized", stiffened up. I'm lucky there's an actual western hat shop in the area that will clean and put something on the hats to stiffen them up so they hold their shape for a mear $12.

: For $35 the Lucas hat was great for dirty work, but the W&W hat is the one that turns all the heads and gets all the complements from the ladys.

The Siena has gone up to $195 now. Regards. Michaelson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]