Wear and tear on a hat...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Indy Magnoli from lobolab14.unm.edu on May 12, 1998 at 08:02:13:

In Reply to: Re: THE HAT posted by Alex Korycinski on May 12, 1998 at 06:36:40:

: I looked high and low for "just the right hat". Finally found it in from the company Worth and Worth out of Chicago.

I must agree that Worth and Worth makes a great hat! I'd compare them to a James Locke & Co. hat out of London. I've owned an Allegro for quite a while.

: Oh, and one final thing. The only thing I found with the W&W hat is that it comes with a series need for it to be "sized", stiffened up.

Really? My Allegro was as soft as... well, it was soft! But it held its shape great! Indy's hats are very soft. Watch the scene when Sallah's brother-in-law's car get's blow up; Indy barely touches it and it is crushed... and reformed.

: For $35 the Lucas hat was great for dirty work, but the W&W hat is the one that turns all the heads and gets all the complements from the ladys.

I agree... women love the fedora. But I've also got to say that any fedora of any price can be used for heavy work. I've worn my Allegro through the jungles of Belize and Guatamala... through the Maya caves and excavating a pyramid complex. A hat of that quality will hold up, guaranteed. It is easier, however, to beat up a $35 hat. I do recommend taking care of it... but remember that it's made to last.

-Indy

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]