Do you think the Olmecs are descended from Africans?

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Abner from 204.164.199.89 on August 26, 1999 at 09:03:35:

In Reply to: Anyone else going to college for archaeology? posted by Nickster on August 26, 1999 at 08:13:20:

Just look at those big heads! They don't look Native American at all. I also saw a show recently on the Learning Channel about the discovery of skeletons in Brazil with African or "Australian Aborigine" features that pre-date the earliest remains of peoples who migrated from Asia across the Bering Straight. Now, I doubt this is accepted by mainstream science, but the show was proposing that perhaps there had been earlier migrations across the South Pacific. Maybe the Atlantic too! Some have shown the similarities between the Olmecs and the Nubians in Africa. An interesting theory.

Cheers,
Abner

: Hey everyone,
: I know the real archaeology isn't like Indiana Jones adventures, but it is still my favorite thing to read about. Anyone else really into archaeology? I am studying mesoamerican cultures (Aztecs, Incas, Olmecs, Mayans, etc) I'll be going to Hamline University in St. Paul for this. In any case, it would be good to hear from some fellow archaeologists...

: Regards,
: Nickster

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: