The Mayans are VERY interesting

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Nickster from gatekeeper.co.hennepin.mn.us on August 26, 1999 at 09:23:52:

In Reply to: Re: So your an ancient civilization fan too?! posted by Ulla on August 26, 1999 at 09:01:41:

: Congratulations, Nickster! I still have a while to go for college, but I can't help to seem smug, but my class did ancient Egypt reports which were a MAJOR part of our a grade. Thanks to Indy, I lapped up the information and earned an A+. On the comments about the report, my teacher put, "...Indy would be proud!" I felt so special. ALSO: you are a fellow Maya fan? They were a beautiful culture, and I TOTALLY think that ToD's Thuggee's were based on them. (just a bit) Their sacrifices were very....unique.
: I raise my Vodka martini to you (?) Nickster. "You have chosen wisely." Enjoy college!
: Adventurously,
: Ulla

Yes, I am a huge Mayan fan... they are so fun to learn about. The sacrifices make it even that much more interesting haha! I was at one of the "sacred cenotes" (sacrificial wells) in which archaeologists have found human remains and various types of jewelry. It was very enlightening to say the least. Have you been to any of the ruins in Mexico or other places in Mid America?

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]