Re: Tomb Raider

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Khyber Faulk from ip26.portland3.or.pub-ip.psi.net on May 12, 1998 at 14:28:49:

In Reply to: Tomb Raider posted by The Northlander on May 10, 1998 at 20:47:57:

Close, but not exactly. Core Design (part of Eidos Interactive) used the Indiana Jones movies for inspiration, but the Lara Croft character was created, by Toby Gard, long before they even planned the actual game.

Personally, I can't imagine Indy in an action game like that. I think they should make another "point and click adventure" game like "Fate of Atlantis".

Best,

Khy

: : Man things are dead around here on weekends...

: : Anyhue, there's been a minor buzz around here about the upcoming Indy 3D adventure game from LucasArts this year. If you look in one of the latest Nintendo Power magazines [I really can't remember which one], it says that the game will be for the N64--thank God!

: : Also, in regards to PC Indy games, here's a fun thing to do next time someone tries to tell you that Lara Croft [of Tomb Raider fame] was a competely original character, much better than Indy, rub this in their face: Tomb Raider was originally to be an Indy game! The only reason it wasn't was because Eidos couldn't get the permission from LucasArts! So Lara Croft was shaped after Indy...that is, uh, at least in matters of the adventerous spirit...

: : True facts, I tell you!

: : -Aaron

: Here's something to think about: After finding out they couldn't use Indy, the Tomb Raider designers went ahead and designed something similar to Indy, but managed to somehow develop their own original character and concept from it. How about that!

: -Northy-

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]