Gotta Love DVD - and Hate the Studios

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Abner from 204.164.199.89 on August 26, 1999 at 15:37:37:

In Reply to: Indy's the best so why not have him on DVD posted by HF605 on August 26, 1999 at 13:28:31:

: I got a DVD player earlier because I thought Indy was gonna be on it around Christmas time. I was wrong. Oh well. I just wanted to hear what you guys had to say about that.

Well, I have a DVD player myself and I love the picture quality- plus widesscreen editions and all the extras. What I don't like is the current (lack of classic) title availability. The movies I do have (Austin Powers, The Great Escape) I really enjoy. As for Star Wars and Indiana Jones, I wouldn't hold my breath. If I could afford it, I would have gotten a dual laserdisc/DVD player from Pioneer, but those cost $1,000.00 I say, enjoy the movie that are out- more great titles keep arriving. As for Indy, there is no choice but to wait. (However, another excellent Holy Grail movie comes out in September I believe! And the Mummy is due this fall as well...)

Even though Indy is not out yet- you can almost make up for it by watching these DVDs:
“1941” - A Spielberg 1930s/40s Movie
The Mephis Belle - To see some Wested Jackets
Das Boot - To see the same submarine in Raiders
Patriot Games - to see Harrison Ford

Cheers,
Abner

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments: