Re: Offtopic post day? Sorry for the "doubles"!

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Ulla from 39.oak01.pon.net on August 26, 1999 at 18:43:10:

In Reply to: Offtopic post day? posted by Micah on August 26, 1999 at 16:22:48:

: What the heck happened today? Everyone was posting about random, totally unrelated things... Baby Spice, dating tips, yikes... I deleted them with impunity.

: Please let's:

:

:
  1. Stay on topic...
    :
  2. Refrain from posting personal messages (To: so-and-so) especially when their email is posted. If not, a single request for them to send you an email is ok. If they don't respond, they don't want to talk to you. Drop it.
    :
  3. Be civil... A message labeled "YOU ARE STUPID!" isn't likely to contain any worthwhile conversation, so I zap it now...
    :
  4. Refrain from posting paragraphs as subject lines. Don't force people to read your every word. You should be able to get their attention with a short subject line if they're interested.
    :
  5. All caps and exclamations make you look silly, and people are likely to dismiss you without reading your hysterics.
    :
  6. Repeated posts don't get you any more attention than the original post. If the first fails, the second has even less of a chance.
    :

: Sorry to be the cop today but "Sheesh..."

: --Micah

Sorry if I, Ulla, sometimes post the same messege twice. I'm STILL figuring out the things on "jungle-foliage-green i-mac", as well as this site.
Adventurously,
Ulla
"I've had worse."
"But you'll never have better...."

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL: