Re: Ok,this will be my final post regarding the wested jacket so all wested owners please give me your opinions..

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michaelson from em12-686.utsi.edu on August 27, 1999 at 08:15:05:

In Reply to: Ok,this will be my final post regarding the wested jacket so all wested owners please give me your opinions.. posted by Kenneth. on August 27, 1999 at 07:24:20:

: Ok.I have my wested 2 days and there are various things that are bugging me and i was hoping all other wested owners could help me.
: NO1:The jacket is TOO puffy.Its all thick and puffy and dosent hang
: nicely like the one in the movies.
: No2:It is much too soft.When i wore the original at MBA it was nice
: and tough and hard.Mine is too soft and the slightest scratch of my
: nail causes a considerable mark on the jackect.I would prefer a
: rougher jacket.
: No3:this is my main problem.The sleeves are very wide and very long.
: I was wondering if the sleeves eventually "ripple" like the one
: in the movies and hence the sleeves would shorten.

: Its not important but id like to know what the rest of you think,
: especially those whove had their jackets for a while,id like to know how their jackets have changed.Its still a great jackect.
: Any comments would be appreciated.
: Cheers,
: Kenneth.

Daily wear and use will make this jacket eventually form to your own body. If you didn't do so when you were in London or in your order, I'd suggest you get some of the leather groom that Peter sells to use on the coat as a treatment if it ever gets soaked, or use every 6 months as described on the can. I understand that they used mink oil on the jacket, but without any personal experience with this on the lambskin, I wouldn't make any suggestions regarding this practice. Anyone else out there tried this? Results? Bottom line is that the jacket will finally settle into the configuration you're looking for. Mine has. Regards. Michaelson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]