Re:Sorry, I meant "M.B.A." (NM)

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by DeWayne from ppp425.elkgrove.net on August 29, 1999 at 19:01:06:

In Reply to: Re:Don't feel bad, we're lucky posted by DeWayne on August 29, 1999 at 18:53:31:

: : Hallo, everybody! I know I already posted something on how I'd never post anything on Star Wars again, but I HAD to post something of an apology.

: : 1.) I have not been fair, though not exactly "criticizing it", but ALWAYS nagging how much "space" Star Wars gets, compared to the diminutive artwork of Indiana Jones.

: : 2.) I have REALLY been complaining about how much memorabilia Star Wars gets compared to Indiana Jones, but please understand this comes from an owner who's "Indiana Jones collection" consists of all the novels, all the movie novelizations, a small storybook of ToD, 2 "large" storybooks of LC & ToD, the same screenplays for those films, the Raiders and LC film scores, a silver "holy grail", a leather jacket, a Raiders shirt, a dozen postcards, and last, but not least, a BARBIE I made of Indy. (Don't ask for suggestions on the hat)

: : 3.) Lastly, the websites. I should shut my mouth saying how many MORE there are of Star Wars, but let's face it. Star Wars is more popular. That doesn't mean it's better, but if you fellow fans of Lucasfilm think so, I'm just pleased you are supporting Indy. Complaining about websites is not only pointless, it's stupid. If I KNEW how, I could easily contribute another fansite to Indy rather than complain at the amounts.

: : I hope I find forgiveness one way or another, since I deserve Toht's "melting end". My most SINCERE apologies again.

: : Adventurously,
: : Ulla *tear drop splatters on keyboard*

: I used to honestly, equally love SW and Indy. Since the Phantom Menace was released, it has definitely lost some of it's magic for me. I used to think that would never happen. The flooding of merchandise and massive amounts of publicity made the movie seem much less personal for me. I don't know what was with all the PR, because I think the movie would've done just as well without any of it. C'mon it's the first SW movie since '83. Of course it's gonna do well. I don't want to get into a rant of my own, so I'll say what I think about this is positive for us Indy fans.
: There's not really a reason any of us will grow tired or disenchanted with Indy. He's not Force-fed (pun intended) to us. We watch and talk about Indy only as much as we want to.
: When I wear my Indy T-shirts, I'm 99% sure I won't see anybody else wearing one. Of course, I will see some SW T's.
: If we wanted a authentic Return of the Jedi Luke Skywalker costume. I don't think it would be very easy to go to the source and get one custom made for us. When and if Indy4 comes out, imagine how busy Wested and BMA etc. will be then. Right now, those things are available to us. Not too expensive and gets to us pretty quickly!
: There's plenty more, but those are just a few things I wanted to point out. Don't get me wrong, I love SW. I still get misty-eyed at the end of RotJ. I have T-shirts, toys, etc.
: I have a bunch of the action figures, new and old, but my favorite is still my simple 21 year-old C-3PO I got in '78, when I was 4!!
: See ya! DeWayne

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]