Re: Last Crusade blooper...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michaelson from em12_686.utsi.edu on May 13, 1998 at 13:41:19:

In Reply to: Re: Last Crusade blooper... posted by Aaron on May 13, 1998 at 13:19:45:

: Yeah, I noticed that one too! And I have a question: I don't have a lot of experience with underground petroleum wells [ :) ] so what I want to know is, would the fire just burn on the surface like that if something like that actually happened? I mean, according to several action films nowadays, the whole place would explode!

: Thanks,

: ~Aaron

That's true. They also would have you believe that by shooting into a car gas tank, a car will explode. It doesn't happen. Maybe if you're firing a phosopherous tipped bullet, but even then it's a rare thing with gasoline. I sort of took the petroleum product to be more of a kerosene....more flammable than explosive. That would give a body a little more time to react than with a gasoline situation. The fumes would then the the explosive problem, not the fuel itself. If that were the case, they would have probably died from the fumes before they ever got to the crypt. The whole thing was interesting, but then did we actually believe Willie Scott could survive suspended within feet of an active lava flow without a fire erupting around her? Ah, that's entertainment!!! Regards. Michaelson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]