short round & the giants/yankees debate continued

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michael from ABD03F1C.ipt.aol.com on August 30, 1999 at 16:59:31:

i'm going to have to respectfully disagree about this (although i'm not doubting the spielberg quote) simply because the yankees have had very minor alterations of the uniforms for most of their history. a picture of the 1927 yankees with babe ruth will show the logo is practically unchanged since at least then, and it doesn't make sense that they would use the same NY symbol as the giants when they were around (which the mets reintroduced when the were created in the sixties) in the city as well. maybe somebody screwed up when they told steven which hat it was...i wish i could find a website that would show the logos and hats of the team, but so far my search has turned up nothing. they've screwed up on historical things like that before...

you should see all the silly mistakes
on the indy ride at disneyland,

Michael

>>>Hi Michael:
Well...I believe in the `Temple of Doom' Collector's magazine Spielberg was asked about the hat,
and he said he wanted to give Short Round a hat that he quite possibly "acquired" from an American
tourist, and what better than the Yankees to represent that? My magazine is in storage so I don't
have immediate access to the post, but maybe someone else can back me up? I have seen pictures of
old Yankees uniforms and sure enough the hat is similar.
Cheers,
Sean<<<

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: