Re: fedora

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Laurie Jensen from proxy2.frmt1.sfba.home.com on May 13, 1998 at 20:29:53:

In Reply to: fedora posted by harry on May 12, 1998 at 12:45:37:

: There was an Indy fedora for sale in the lucasarts catalogue about 2 years ago or so. The cost was $85. They claimed that it was fur felt. The Jawa trader hat is $35 dollars and was wool felt. Anybody know anything about the hats that lucasarts had for sale? Did it have the crease down the center? or was it a similar design to the jawa trader hat?
: thanks!

The hat is still available from BLMiller Hats for $79.95 plus s/h. It is indeed made from fur felt (rabbit, apparently), but the crown is still like the Jawa trader, which is the incorrect tear drop. The company that makes the hats is supposed to come out with a creased crown, but I don't think they're selling them yet. However, it is possible to reset the crown by wetting the hat-if you want to know how to do it just go down this board and look at the messages under "I just received my hat" by Nick Bohler. He bought the Indy hat and lists the URL for BLMiller Hats. A lot of the response messages give tips on altering your hat to make it more accurate. Another possibility is to buy The Temple or Ark which retail for $95 at BLMiller, and have the creased crowns. I think that these hats are more accurate than the Indy hat, but you should make your own choice. These hats are shown on page 2 of the best seller page.

Hope this helps.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]