Re: should i buy the new trilogy or wait for a DVD release?

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Rocky from HRBGB106-25.splitrock.net on August 31, 1999 at 19:32:23:

In Reply to: should i buy the new trilogy or wait for a DVD release? posted by ronny on August 31, 1999 at 09:05:35:

O.K. here's what I think on this subject. My two cents( and that's what it's worth).
I firmly believed for the most of the year that the Indy trilogy was going to be released on DVD this year. I had heard that Spielberg was going to allow the release of what I called his "Classic Films" on DVD when sales of the players surpassed the two million mark. Well they surpassed the three million mark and still no "Jaws", "Close Encounters" or Indy movies.
If this was true then I'm very disappointed in both Paramount and Spielberg.
Paramount is my favorite movie company, Spielberg my favorite director and both are letting me down on the Indy trilogy
That's the gripe. Now for the word of hope.
It's not a dead issue and I don't think we'll have to wait long. Maybe another year. So here's the choice.
If you have patience, wait. The videos will be there next year as well. This way, if you feel you've waited enough you can always buy the videos. And if the DVD's come out next year(Like I think they will) Then you'll have saved the price of the videos for the DVD's.
If you don't have paitence and can't wait, buy the videos, or at least reserve them at a video store that will sell them for a lower price when they come out. I used to work for Suncoast and I think the reservation price is 29.99 for the widescreen trilogy.
But this way, you can enjoy them until the DVD does come out, and if you're a collector, you can put the videos away in your collection.
Now the first way makes a statement to Paramount and Spielberg that you won't settle for anything less than your format of choice, but unless hundreds of thousands of people band together and refuse to buy the tapes, I'm afraid your statement will be lost.
My advice. Buy the tapes at a reduced rate now while you can. Enjoy them but never let the Big Boys off the hook. We want DVD!!! It's our format of choice and they should be aware that it's not fair to to us ,the consumer. (boy I get opinionated on this Sorry)

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]