Re: Indy IV In The Late 50's?

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by ROB T. from 162.10.138.28 on August 31, 1999 at 21:34:26:

In Reply to: Indy IV In The Late 50's? posted by Thuggee Bear on August 31, 1999 at 09:52:48:

I really wish that Lucas and company would stay away from this idea of making Indy into a historical figure. "Young Indy" was ruined by this, taking away the adventure and substituting a history lesson every week. I love history but I don't need Indiana Jones to teach it to me.
Part of the appeal of Indy is that he exists in an idealized past where adventure is around every corner.
Lucas is really misreading the movie series if he thinks we want more historical references. Every kid who saw the films came out wanting to be an adventurer, very few came out saying they wanted to be a college professor.

As to Ford's age; if they keep putting off the filming of Indy IV then the time will pass where Ford is capable of delivering the physical performance that the role demands. In 2005 he'll be 62-63, very nearly a senior citizen. As it is we're only gonna get one more Indy film at that rate and I hate to see them mess it up by trying to make it a copy of the inferior "Young Indiana Jones Chronicles."

I'm beginning to wish they'd just relegate Indy to a book series and leave the movie side alone.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]