Re: Which Wested option?

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by ...whiskey? from spider-th014.proxy.aol.com on September 01, 1999 at 21:20:32:

In Reply to: Which Wested option? posted by RAFA on September 01, 1999 at 17:36:55:

: Hi there!!! I'm new to the forum. Now I'm planning to get the Wested Crusade model jacket just because of the press buttons for windy days, in new condition and cotton lined.
: As I said I'm new, this will be my first "serious" item to collect after the zippo. So please tell me if this is a right choice, and why should I buy any of the other models
: offered.
: By the way, does the New lamb skin wears with years of use, I mean I want it new at first but would like to get some aged look after some time. Many thanks for the
: time taken to answer.....RAFA

Hi RAFA,
I just got my Raiders w/new finish and I did (as they did for the films) a little bit of distressing. Actually it is FAR less than in the films but I figure I'll break it in the rest of the way naturally. What I did was take a little 500 grit sandpaper and run it lightly over the seams. I really only did a very little to it, but it's enough that it doesn't look BRAND SPANKIN NEW...just new.

As for the style...well I just like the look of the Raider's style better...I'm pretty thin and look kinda goofy with the bigger collar.
Although, the storm flap snaps might be nice.

Any way you go, you are making the correct choice...having seen the Disney jackets and now owning the Wested I must say there really is NO REASON to go with anyone else (outside of the wait, but hey, whadayagonna do?)

hope this helps
Tom

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: