Re: Why, oh why, do we have to keep waiting??

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Thuggee Bear from host-209-214-180-136.cae.bellsouth.net on September 02, 1999 at 09:13:03:

In Reply to: Why, oh why, do we have to keep waiting?? posted by ROB T. on September 02, 1999 at 04:10:43:

I was also surprised to hear Speilberg say it would take that long to hit theatres. Especially since everyone's schedule seems to be clearing up, despite what they keep saying. Ford is already filming What Lies Beneath, and should be finished with that in a few months. The Sum of All Fears was expected to be next, but for one thing, the script isn't ready yet. Not only that, but now the studio is reported to have passed on it, (fearing the plot too similar to "Black Sunday"), and expressing interest in doing Executive Orders instead. The only other project that I've heard anything about him possibly doing is a Western-type film. Since that's little more than a rumour right now, I don't see why Ford wouldn't have time.

As you pointed out, Lucas doesn't really need to be there much anyway, so his schedule shouldn't be much of a problem.

So that leaves Spielberg, who I'm hoping is just tired of being asked about Indy IV or is simply wanting to keep things quiet about it. Since he recently decided not to direct Jurassic Park 3, and Memoirs of a Geisha has been expected to be delayed for a while, that leaves Minority Report for him to finish. Maybe the unexpected delay on that is what's causing him to be less optimistic about Indy IV, but I still don't see why it would take 5-6 years.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]