Re: At WESTED is available UN-predistressed NEW lambHIDE

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Patterson from gw.wizards.com on September 02, 1999 at 16:44:17:

In Reply to: At WESTED is available UN-predistressed NEW lambHIDE posted by RAFA on September 02, 1999 at 15:51:48:

: Just wondering if I (or anyonone has) could order a LC wested in NEW finish LAMBHIDE material with a silver zipper, as it it or seems to be the "real thing". would it cost more?. thanks a lot, this is whats left to place my order (finally).

I have just received my LC predistressed lambhide. It is very dark, and after an initial treatment with Pecard dressing (basically vasoline with some select waxes added) it is just as dark as the new finishes and has a dull sheen to it. It does look like the real thing. I've waited a week for the sheen to go away, or for it to fade, and its just not happening.

Get the LC made with hide (predistressed or not, the hide is "antuiqed" in that it will have a somewhat weathered look) and treat it with Pecard (or straight Vasoline if you like). I think you'll be happy. I'll try to get some scanned pictures to Indy Gear.

If you really want the nickle zipper, then go for it. every tailor I talk to (including the folks at Wested) say the brass is much better quality.

Good Luck!

Patterson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: