Re: Indy Jacket FAQ and pictures...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Mike Davis from ts004d37.atl-ga.concentric.net on May 14, 1998 at 13:35:20:

In Reply to: Indy Jacket FAQ and pictures... posted by Max Schulte on May 14, 1998 at 10:08:32:

: : Thanks, Max -- I look forward to adding your new pics to the faq -- perhaps you can post one of you wearing the jacket...

: : Thanks,
: : MD

: Just read your post below. The shoulder-sleeve size is highly
: important. I only ordered my sleeve-hand size and recieved a 44 size
: jacket. The sleeves have the perfect length and I had to adjust the
: leather straps. However, the jacket is a little bit tight around the
: shoulders.

: By the way, where did you get the Indy Jacket FAQ title picture from?
: I looks really great.

: Anyway, regarding the jacket pictures: I "borrowed" a shop window dummy
: from a friend today who is a professional window-dresser (I actually
: got on his nerves until he allowed me to take it...). I should be able
: to get some nice pictures of Indy's garment. I'll use an instant cam
: in order to get the pictures fast. The quality will not be too good
: because of that. I'd advise you to make an additional 'Wested Gallery'
: page in order to increase loading time of your page. I can make the
: picture page if you want me to...

: Regards,

: -Max

Hi Max,

I just ordered my wested this morning and the next 28 days are going to be the longest 28 days (or so) of my life! After reading every post I could find, I ended up ordering size 46 regular, with the accompanying sleeve measurments -- I want a little extra room in it. I'm sure it will be just fine.

I'm glad you enjoyed the FAQ, it seems that every 5 minutes I think of something else I would like to see in it! Anyway, the title graphic comes from a Photoshop manipulated scan of the title graphic on the back of the Temple of Doom VHS cover (and the letters for FAQ if you noticed). Oddly enough, most of the letters were already there in one way or another and I just needed to contort and splice those. The only ones I had to 'make' was the letter K which was derived from the original letter N, and the letter T which was from upper and lower case I. With a tool like Photoshop, it really makes it easy to do such manipulations, but it takes a lot of patients! I also looked at the color of the background on the VHS cover and tried to select a color that closely matched it. Coincidentally the color was called 'PapayaWhip.' :)

The day you posted the message about additional pictures, I got to thining. I realized that the page already was taking a bit of time to load (even though the graphics were remarkably small for their size), and that there needed to be a separate gallery page so I set one up -- although I have not yet posted it yet. When you have a chance to post the pictures (I am not at all rushing you), all I should have to do is drop them in and voila', it should be there. Right now the gallery page is set up for just putting pictures directly in, but if it gets too big we may have to move to thumbnails of some kind.

By the way, I was thinking about making a site that was dedicated to Indy's clothes. I know there is some information out there, but I would take an approach similar to the Jacket FAQ and try to get as many details, pictures, and ordering tips as possible. What do you think?

MD

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]