Re: New Raiders question -- research complete

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michaelson on December 03, 1997 at 12:11:19:

In Reply to: Re: New Raiders question -- research complete posted by The Dentman on December 02, 1997 at 21:55:48:

: : Good points, but wouldn't an extremely heavy stone (based upon Indy's efforts) dropping from a wall to land a couple of inches from you probably wake, or for that fact, sober one up in very short course? And yes, I'm sorry you'll have to watch the movie again, but the things we do for research!! Hang tough. Regards.

: Well, I watched it again tonight... ahh. I'm feelin' goood. But yeah, I saw the guy in question. I also heard the stone drop, and although it's heavy, it sounded to me like it landed in some soft ground, which muffled the thud. Drop a cinder block on your lawn, and it'll much quieter than on concrete.

: Besides, I've been to parties and seen my friends reach blood alcohol levels of legendary proportions -- well, you've seen the drinking contest in Raiders. Anyway, loud speakers, floor vibrating, people yelling at each other over the music, and my friend never moved a muscle. I know it's not altogether normal, but it is scientifically possible (yeesh, I hope my friends never find out how I describe their drinking habits -- it would only encourage them ).

: Final analysis? Let lying dogs sleep it off. Your mystery man was, in my opinion, too partied out to notice anything right then. Who knows? Maybe he was one of Sallah's men, and was so depressed after seeing Indy buried alive in that tomb, that he drank the night away. Either that, or he finally realized he helped the Nazis get the Ark of the Covenant. Maybe both, which would really drive a guy to drink.

: Hope that helps. -- The Dentman
:

Well, you and I both know it really doesn't matter one way or another. Maybe the guy died of sunstroke, so who actually knows. I just believe after all these years, this fellow has NEVER been mentioned one way or another in the goofs type releases, or at least in my reading. Appreciate you going to distance for me. You know, I never go to any movie looking for stuff like that. I always go for the experience, not to critique. I saw that fellow the FIRST time I ever saw Raiders, in 1981. I've been shocked at all the other revelations since, in terms of missed edits and the likes, though being an editor, it's easy to get to close to your work, and plain miss the forest for the trees. Thanks again. Regards.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]