Re: Trading Cards

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michaelson on December 03, 1997 at 12:31:06:

In Reply to: Re: Trading Cards posted by Brisco on December 02, 1997 at 21:57:44:

: The most recent set of Indy cards was the Young Indiana Jones set, with lots of glossy (color front & back) pictures from the early episodes of that series. There was a subset of 3d cards, one garunteed in every pack, and you also got a special 3D glasses card in each pack to view them with. Overall, this was a really cool set, and well worth seeking out. I can't remember what company produced it. Topps did a Raiders set back when that movie came out, color on the front, pretty similar to their Star Wars cards, narrating the plot of the movie. I'm pretty sure I've seen a Temple of Doom set too, but I know that I have never come across a Last Crusade trading card set. I'm fairly certain that there wasn't one, in the U.S. at least. Too bad. I wish they'd do a classic Indy set at Topps, like that SW Galaxy cards, with different artist's paintings, storyboards, poster concepts, photos, production art... yeah, right. I'm dreaming, of course. I for one think it would be great, though!
: Brisco

Tops did indeed make a complete set of Raiders and Temple of Doom trading cards with scenes from both movies. They sold for around $25.oo per set,at that time, and can still occationally be found at large trading card shows around the country. My sister and her husband are card traders, and periodically come across them in New York state. I bought the Raiders set for $20 back in 83, with the Temple of Doom cards at $25 in 85 or so. I have never seen a Crusade set, but was told there was supposed one listed. I'll follow up on this and post later. Regards.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]