on a kinder note...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Sean Dodge from 207.173.204.166 on September 05, 1999 at 23:19:49:

In Reply to: People...get with the program!(sarcasm, people) posted by Sean Dodge on September 05, 1999 at 19:09:25:

In all fairness to the master jedi, I am actually looking forward to the video release of YIJC. I never hated the series (except for the George Hall parts, which I am pretty certain are now gone) and there are a couple I didn't see. There is also the matter of the movies released in Europe, such as the Vampire one, that were never aired in the US. I am eager to see some of these, such as Phantom Train, Masques and Ocanga.
Additionally, maybe all of Lucas' tweaking with the series, names and numbers, indicates a renewed interest in Indy. The only thing that troubles me is the new box for the Indy "trilogy" calls them chapters in the "complete" adventures of Indiana Jones, which could be construed to mean that Last Crusade "completes" the series.

One point to ponder...Sean Patrick Flannery (love him or hate him...I personally think he was okay as young Indy) has actually spent more time in the role of Indiana Jones then Harrison Ford. Doesn't this suggest that another actor could take over the role, at least for the stories in between Last Crusade and whatever happens in the next Ford/Indy, set in the 50's. Or bring back SPF for Indy inthe 20's. There could be several great adventures, since the '20's was really the era of exploration, as well as a time for a lot of quasi-archaeology such as quests for Atlantis and Shangri-La

Just a thought, but remember, SPF is indy too!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]